Saturday, August 2, 2014

Early morning Treatments are more fun with a friend!

Elena has friends that are old enough now to ask questions about CF. Elena is old enough to answer them herself. Mommy just gets to sit back and try and hold herself together as she listens to children comprehend what Cystic Fibrosis is.
 
Friend: "Does having CF hurt?"
Elena: "No, the treatments are a pain, my tummy sometimes hurts, but I'm not in pain all the time."


Brother: "Elena, you will die with CF won't you?"
Elena: " Yes, I'll have it when I die because even a 'cure' won't get rid of it."
Emily: "We all will die sometime."


Friend:  "I don't know why, but watching your cf YouTube videos makes me sad."

Mommy's silent thoughts: " Me too."

So thankful for good friends that celebrate and embrace who Elena is and feel comfortable enough to ask her questions about life with CF. She's a very fortunate young lady.

My aunt said that she thinks I use busy, fun, and silly stuff to distract us all from the stress and sadness that CF can bring. I hadn't thought of that but she may be right! So what sillyness should we take on now 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to see what my family is up to?