Saturday, March 16, 2013

Race Weekend has begun!

Elena had the great honor of introducing a wonderful guest speaker at our 65ROSES pre-race dinner last night.  Colleen Caul ran to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis in St. Louis and LOTS of other places!!  She is running the marathon on our team this Sunday!  She and Elena became fast friends.

Elena read a lot of information about Colleen to prepare for her introduction.  After she read everything, I asked Elena why she thought she was asked to introduce Colleen.  Her reply, "Because we are so similar!"

We are thrilled to have another friend who is also CF Superhero!

Here is Elena's intro for Colleen:

Hi!  I’m Elena Goodrow.  You may recognize me from my latest CF Superhero video on YouTube.  I’ve been asked to introduce our special guest speaker Colleen Caul.  I think it is because we are so similar in many ways!  For example:

We both come from big families!  At least I feel like having 3 other siblings is big.

We both have a baby sister.  Colleen’s sister sounds sweet, my sister is really cute but also really annoying sometimes.  I still love her though.

We are both affected by Cystic Fibrosis.  I have it.  Colleen’s sister has it.

We both love acting.  Colleen IS an actress and I want to be famous someday.

We are both smart.  Colleen has a college degree and I am REALLY good at math even though I don’t enjoy it very much.

We both run races to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis.

We are both ambitious.  I started Rosebuds, a kids helping kids with CF Fundraiser that has raised over $50,000 since I started it in 2010.  Colleen started Run for Roses, a one woman 65 day journey and she raised over $40,000 for CF.

I’m happy to introduce to you a fellow CF Superhero, Colleen Caul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to see what my family is up to?